Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday

I got an A on my last graphic design project (the one from Monday)! Woo! Also we have a midterm coming up next Monday that I think I will do pretty well on. I just have to pass with a B to continue in the program, so right now I think I might be okay.

I'm still knee-deep in post-its trying to get things ready for the new hires and for school to start on Aug 4th. I just found out we might only get to hire four of the candidates right now and add one in a few weeks if we need them. This bites because then that person won't get to attend all of the training sessions we have planned next week and will have to catch up. Also, we already offered the job to five people so now we have to go back to one of them and say 'never mind'. That kind of sucks from a human point of view. The director's going to try to get upper management to change their minds this afternoon, so we'll see. I hope he succeeds.

I no longer feel like I am living alone in the basement because it seems everywhere I go there is a spider of some kind building a web or crawling on my stuff. I actually don't mind them, though for while I was a little startled when spiders scurried out of nowhere and into my eyeline. Now I'm pretty used to them. I've even named a few. One thing that concerns me, though, is that yesterday when I checked in with the spider that lives on my coat (Shirley), she had another spider's LEGS in her web with her. The body was missing, it was only legs! WTF? T suggested that maybe there aren't enough flies in the room to keep everyone satisfied so they've taken to eating each other. I just hope Shirley doesn't start eyeing me. I'd be a big meal for a spider...:)

xo

update: hee..there's a fly in my room. I can almost hear them all licking their lips (do spiders have lips?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwww and ewwww

Anonymous said...

You know having spiders in your home is a very positive thing...you are helping to sustain a life by allowing them to live. Also, did you know that several spiders present in one area is the sign of a natural witch? Bet you'll never guess how many spiders are here at my place!