It was definitely a weird weekend. I'm house-sitting for my brother and his wife this week so most of the day of the 4th was spent figuring out what to pack. I was fairly anxious about it because their house is such a long bus ride from mine so if I forgot something it would be a pretty big pain in the ass to retrieve it. Luckily I mentioned my anxieties to my dad later that evening and he offered to let me borrow one of their cars for a few days. Like most anxieties, this one was completely unfounded because I haven't needed to go back for anything yet.
So the afternoon/early evening of the fourth, my dad and I went to see Roman de Gare at the Living Room Theaters. I love going there for movies but it is so much more fun to go with somebody than by myself. We had dinner and drinks there too...a pretty damn good time. Afterwards I dropped him off at his house (since I was borrowing the car). I didn't have any further plans for the evening which always tends to worry me because for some reason it seems to be a worse thing to be alone on a holiday than any other random day. Luckily, T and B were up for a movie so we went to see Hancock at the Lloyd Center. Not too bad, though the plot twist was a little transparent and there were some logic problems at the end (I know, best not to think too deeply on the summer blockbuster). Jason Bateman was good in it, but he's always good.
Saturday was a nice, lazy day with no big plans. No internet at B&M's house but they are hugely into books and movies and have large libraries of both, so there was no shortage of entertainment. That night Christina and I went to a party thrown by one of the people I met at her birthday party. This meant more new folks to meet, and it seemed that the guests at this shindig were a little closer to my age, so that was cool. I had been warned ahead of time that it was going to be a dance party but I was still shocked as hell that people were actually dancing. I'm so used to the snotty above-it-all attitude some people have towards dancing that it was so refreshing to see a roomful of folks just shaking their asses and not giving a shit about how they looked doing it. Of course after a few drinks I had to join in :) I haven't danced like that since college! Woo!
Sunday was pretty relaxed as well. I missed my internet fix so I loaded the laptop into the car and went in search of a coffee shop with free wifi. I ended up at Starbucks and paid ten bucks for the internet like a sucker (not to mention how much I spent for coffee which also makes me a sucker). It didn't even occur to me until later that day that I could have just driven back to my house and used the internet for free. Sheesh. Sunday's weather was just beautiful so when I got back to B&M's I opened some doors and windows and stretched out on their sofa to read for a bit. I fell asleep a little later and had the most awesome nap, the kind you can only have when you don't have anywhere to be or any responsibilities waiting for you. T and I got together later that evening at the Kennedy School and saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which turned out to be really funny. We hung out and talked a little afterwards and then I went back to B&M's to crash.
Wow, I saw a lot of movies this weekend. And shook my groove thang. Not bad for a couple of days with no plans at all.
xo!
2 comments:
Wooohooo for dancing!!! I love to dance. I wish someone here would have a dance party :)
you should have gone to bipartisan cafe on stark. free wifi. good coffee. oh well. next time
xo
Post a Comment