Staying at B&M's was a lovely change of pace but it feels good to be back in my own space again. I still haven't quite moved in here. The day my furniture was moved in I unpacked to a certain point and then just kept living out of boxes. I keep meaning to unpack, but there's no place to put everything, especially all the books. I've had a bookcase laying on its side in the corner since I moved in because the movers said it wouldn't fit in the space. Well I don't know why, but when I got back today I got a bug up my ass to try for myself and see if I could make it fit. Surprise surprise, the movers were wrong about this one. So yay! Now I have bookcases I can actually put stuff on :)
So last week was a pretty rough one. In an act of momentary hubris I commented on a weight loss themed website and basically implied that the women there were wasting their lives by focusing on dieting. I'm pretty clearly against the idea of dieting, but it was still pretty crappy of me to get into someone's safe space and tell them they were wasting their lives. Anyway, then I wrote a smug entry on LiveJournal about it and the readers of the website got very very upset with me and left some pretty pointed comments on my LJ entry. Some of the comments hit me pretty hard, especially the one that mentioned how I don't have any friends and that it was pathetic that I had to pay someone to give me a ride home. I know the circumstances of that were not the way the commenter made them seem, but it still felt like a punch in the stomach, especially since I've been having so many lonely moments following the breakup with T. Add to that my feeling rather isolated over at B&M's and dealing with my frustrations with not being perfect in graphic design class and I definitely had a more mopey week than usual. Oh, also, Mom and I started our painting class and the instructor criticized my trees. I mean come on! The class was on the same day the entire internet decided it hated me in a pointed, personal way, so I may have overreacted a bit to him not liking my trees, but seriously...universe...give a girl a break, willya?
I can only hope this week will be a little more enjoyable. Shouldn't be too hard.
Hope you're all doing well,
xo
2 comments:
Bookcases look great!!
Good for you. Really.
I know you're probably tired of strangers butting into your space, but I wanted to say that I'm in your corner. So no, the entire internet does NOT hate you... it's just the angry nasties who leave comments, so it sometimes seems like that's all there is.
Here's hoping for a better week! :)
Sarah
Post a Comment