Thursday, April 5, 2007

Goals

Okay, so my brother responded to me about yesterday's post and this morning I was feeling particularly inspired, so I did a search for European marathons because one of my goals is for us to run a marathon together. Anyway, one of the links that came up was www.marathonrookie.com which has a lot of good, inspirational info on it about training and running and I started to really think about the possibility of me...really running a marathon. Incredible, right? The more I read and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I needed to make some actual goals if I was ever going to get started. So guess what? I registered for this: http://www.terrapinevents.com/tabor_reg.htm

It's a 5k run/walk and it isn't until June, so I'm going to work up to running and walking that distance over the next several weeks. I think I should be able to run at least a little of it by June. There are a ton of other 5k and 10k events in the Portland area, so if I like this one I can sign up for more and work up to being able to run the whole thing! So it's not a bad goal, I think. Couch potato to 5k runner in 8 weeks? I think it can be done.

So here's the deal...I'm going to start getting up early and running a little in my neighborhood. It has to be early because I have to get back in time to get ready for work, but also because I don't want to worry about my neighbors staring at me. Not that they actually would or that they would care, but I get paranoid so I don't want to even have to think about someone else being out there and watching me run like a goober.

I went to the store yesterday and got some groceries for T and myself. We both made up our own lists of what we wanted, so we're trying to keep that separated so we both can deal with our own food issues ourselves. I finally got some good tea leaves and a strainer so I can make my own loose leaf tea at work, then I bought one of those clear polycarbonate water bottles. The idea was to brew a big bottle of tea and then drink it all day long, but alas...the tea strainer I bought doesn't fit in the damn bottle. I'll have to figure something else out...this morning I actually made the tea in a big bowl and then poured it into the bottle which worked okay but was kind of awkward. I am having this great green earl grey tea though, and I am enjoying it immensely. I f-ing love New Seasons for having the bulk tea. I got a little of three different kinds....I love the bulk tea because I don't have to commit a huge amount of money to buy a big canister of leaves before I know whether or not I will like the tea at all. This was actually one of the things I was so excited about moving to Portland for...the bulk tea! The other big one was that you don't have to pump your own gas ;)

That's all for now!

No comments: