It was a weird weekend. I skipped my workout on Friday, so I was feeling yucky about that and decided to walk on Saturday. When I woke up Saturday morning it was raining like crazy and all I wanted to do was stay in bed. T was at work, so I got up, put some clothes on, and watched The Lake House on HBO. Depressing-ass movie. damn. So anyway, I had been feeling more and more crappy about myself and having missed the workouts I missed last week, so I decided the only good way to deal with it was to get out there and take a walk. I got my walking clothes on, shoes tied, and then realized that T had my mp3 player so I couldn't take it with me. I planned to do a longer walk than usual and I really wanted some music, so I sat down again and waited for her to get home. When she finally got there,I got my butt up and went for a walk.
It wasn't that bad, actually...a little cold and rainy. It was nice to have my mp3 player to listen to, but it's kind of big and bulky so I'm thinking about getting a smaller one. A friend of mine got an ipod shuffle last week and I am just amazed at how tiny it is and yet how much capacity it has. The only problem with ipods is that they don't work with napster to go, and I love NTG because I can download as much music as I want and take it with me. Maybe there is some other mp3 player that is teeny tiny and will clip to your shirt :) I shall have to research this.
So anyway, I went for my walk, but I wasn't feeling well so I only did one loop around the park. What's funny to me is that this time last week, that would have been a major accomplishment, but now it's a letdown. I talked to T about this when I got home, and she set me straight. She said, "look, it's Saturday afternoon, it's raining, and you just got up off the sofa and went for a WALK. That in itself is incredible". And she's right, of course. I tend to just pay attention to what I'm not accomplishing and forget about everything I have done. I'll have to work on that.
T and I had a big, serious talk on Sunday night. Apparently both of us had some residual ick left over from the whole Melany situation last year, and it was causing some major problems between the two of us. So we got everything out in the open and now there is finally some peace between the two of us. Without even realizing it, we had both been pushing each other away and trying to protect ourselves for the past 6+ months. Just talking about that and being honest about how we were feeling makes such a difference. So things are much, much better today, personally.
We saw Disturbia on Friday night. It was pretty awesome because the audience was packed with teenagers and they would all scream and freak out when something scary was happening on the screen. That is totally the best way to see a scary movie :)
I'm going to continue with walking sets this week. I went back and scaled down the workouts in my training calendar because I realized I was putting too much pressure on myself to progress too quickly. It's best if I can look at the day's workout and know in my heart that I can do it, no problem, than to wonder if I'm going to get out there and fail. So let that be a lesson to you, kids: when you're making a training calendar, make it easy for yourself to succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment