So I had planned to start my training regimen this morning, but last night T and I made the mistake of getting plastered and by the time we went to bed I was so tired and crappy-feeling that I just decided against it (I've been sick for almost two weeks now with some random cold/cough type thing that just will not go away). So anyway, tonight on my way home I noticed that the weather was kind of yucky and drizzly and I was thinking that maybe there wouldn't be a lot of people outside because of the weather, so I just did it! I got home, fed the dogs, threw on some old knit pants and a shirt and my sneakers and I just started walking. I felt pretty foolish for a little while because some of my neighbors were outside, but I soon realized that they didn't really give a shit that I was walking down the street, so I managed to get over myself. I walked to Columbia Park and then when I got to the park I started walking on the asphalt path that circles the park. I had been debating whether I was going to try to run at all or whether I would just walk and be happy with that. I came to a secluded bend in the path so I decided to give it a shot. I had no idea whatsoever what I was going to be able to do, so I just started really small by jogging 15 seconds and then walking until I was ready to jog again. I did 5 jogging intervals and walked the rest, and by the third time jogging I could really feel my body start to get into it and it felt just a little easier than the previous times. The fifth time, I was so exhilarated to be running that I didn't even wait until I was out of sight of everyone in the park, a very big step for me. Anyway, when I finished my circuit of the park I walked home. I had planned to walk/jog for at least 30 minutes and I was out there for 35 in total, so I definitely met that goal. I did my best to stretch afterwards but I'll know if I missed a spot tomorrow if something is sore.
I'm totally psyched that I finally got started. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment