Monday, April 16, 2007

Progress...finally

This was a good weekend. I finally got around to making some new jewelry, so that was exciting. I made 7 new necklaces and 4 pairs of earrings. I also managed to unpack a shoebox of my previously finished pieces and I realized that I have more merchandise than I thought. I should have plenty for about one day of the Art Mart. Of course, I'll need more if my stuff sells like hotcakes. I suppose I should plan for that eventuality and keep working on new stuff so, if nothing else, I'll have something to sell every week of the mart (I think it's around 18 weeks). I have made some really nice stuff lately, so I'm excited about the possibility of selling some of it. I could definitely use that kind of affirmation about my jewelry...it's almost like I've been working in a vacuum for the past few years and I haven't really ever exposed myself to public criticism. It's scary, sure, but exciting too.

I have my table and all of my beads and things set up in the front bedroom in the new house. It's an incredible room because it has two big windows on the front corner and I can see everything that's going on in the neighborhood while I work. It was beautiful weather this weekend, too. Sunny, blue sky, white fluffy clouds. The kind of day that your parents used to tell you to go spend some time outside. Unfortunately, I was stuck inside with my beads but I cracked the windows open and got a bit of a breeze going, so it was kind of like being outside. We have a little tv/vcr and a leather chair in that room too, so I had a movie running in the background and when T came home from work she came in there and watched movies with me while I worked.

I had a decent food weekend. Sunday was actually great because T showed me how to make Thai peanut pasta, one of my favorite things in the whole world. We didn't have anything that she would normally use to add spice to it, so we used a little curry powder. It was incredible! I steamed/sauteed a bunch of veggies and tossed them in the sauce and added some linguine. I have leftovers for lunch today...so exciting! For me. I just realized that those of you reading this may not be so jump-up-and-down excited about what I have to eat for lunch :) But anyway, it was good. Saturday was not as good because for whatever reason I had a hard time actually listening to myself about what I wanted and instead just ate whatever was handy, which made me feel like crap. So Saturday was an exercise in not beating myself up over food choices. Challenging.

Today is run number four. I think I will do the same as Friday, 30 second jogging intervals with a 2 minute walking break. I may increase the distance and go twice around the park before going home. We'll see how I feel. My right achilles tendon feels much better after the weekend. I had one of those icy hot patches on it for most of Sunday and it seems to be a little less achy and tight. I am still going to try to stretch it and warm it up before I really get going tonight.

I got my new swimsuit and goggles in the mail on Friday and everything fits, so now I have no excuse not to go swimming tomorrow. I'm still just a little terrified of the whole thing, but actually I'm not so much afraid of being in my swimsuit in public as I am just being out of place in general. What if I get there and there are no lanes available? What if I have to share a lane but I am so super slow that I irritate the other swimmers? Wow, I feel better just having said those things 'out loud'. Slow or not, I have just as much right to swim laps there as anyone else. Screw 'em.

Well, back to work! Have a fabulous Monday :)


No comments: